Print Advertisement Policy
1. All rates are subject to change upon notice from GEN Publishing, Inc. GEN Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to hold advertisers and/or their advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies that are due and payable to GEN. The advertiser and agency assume all liability for all content (including text, representations, illustrations, graphics, charts, trademarks, or other copyrighted matter) of all material.
2. The Publisher reserves the right to reject advertising that it feels is not in keeping with the publication’s standards.
All ads submitted for printing must comply with applicable U.S. and International laws, and may not be indecent, obscene, or defamatory.
3. The Publisher shall not be responsible or liable for loss of profit, loss of business, or any other consequential damages as a result of any error or omission in or of an advertisement.
4. GEN Publishing, Inc. makes no representations as to the accuracy of the content of advertisers’ material.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
You retain copyright in your advertisements. By submitting advertisements, however, you hereby grant GEN Publishing, Inc. a worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and transferable license to reproduce the advertisement, including any trademarks therein, and include without limitation in any future archive or database in any medium, now known or later invented.
GEN reserves the right to destroy all materials that have been in its custody for at least three months unless the advertiser or agents have given written instructions against it.
Please refer to this year’s Planning Calendar for ad insertion order and ad material due dates. If ad materials are not received by the ad material due date, a previously run advertisement will be repeated. If no prior advertisement is available, GEN will run a house advertisement and the advertiser will be responsible for the cost of the original insertion order.
No cancellation, including those sent via fax, will be accepted without written acknowledgement from GEN Publishing, Inc. confirming receipt. Any order canceled after the insertion order deadline stated in the current year’s Planning Calendar will incur the full insertion cost. Late delivery of materials may incur forfeiture of space at full cost. Rescheduling of webinars and eBooks after approved launch date is subject to a fee.
Online Advertisement Policy
Third-Party Email Blast Cancellation Policy
Cancellations between 10 and 30 days from the campaign start date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations within 10 days of the campaign start date are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Changing email deployment dates within 30 days of originally scheduled date is subject to a 15% change fee.
1. All banner and keyword positions are sold on a first come/first served basis. A signed insertion order is required before an ad can be posted on any GEN Publishing, Inc. site.
2. ROS banner ads may be changed once per month at no charge. Additional changes will incur a 15% change fee.
3. The Publisher reserves the right to reject advertising that it feels is not in keeping with the website’s standards. All ads submitted for posting must comply with applicable U.S. and International laws, and may not be indecent, obscene, or defamatory.
4. The Publisher shall not be responsible or liable for loss of profit, loss of business, or any other consequential damages as a result of any error or omission in or of an advertisement. The Publisher is not liable for any failure or technical issues that limit access to the website.
5. GEN Publishing, Inc. makes no representations as to the accuracy of the content of advertisers’ material.
6. Advertiser will be invoiced in full upon the commencement of the contract period. Terms net 30 days.
7.Material Deadline: Banner materials are due five days prior to campaign start date unless specified otherwise. If banner material is received after scheduled campaign start date, every attempt will be made to achieve impression levels booked, but advertiser is still responsible for payment of full amount of impressions booked for that time frame.
8. If there is a discrepancy between the third party and GEN of 10% or less of the total amount of impressions at the end of the campaign, then GEN would still bill in full. Example: If a campaign delivered 100,000 impressions, but the third party only saw 90,000 impressions, GEN would still be paid the amount agreed upon. If the rate of discrepancy is above 10%, GEN will bill based on the original contracted amount.
9. Cancellation Policy: Cancellations between 10 and 30 days from the campaign start date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations within 10 days of the campaign start date are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
eNewsletter Advertising Policy Deadlines
Ad material is due five days prior to the email broadcast date unless specified otherwise. If usable material is not received by the deadline, GEN Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to bill the advertiser for the eNewsletter sponsorships ordered.
Cancellations between 10 and 30 days from the email deployment date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations within 10 days of email deployment date are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
Changing email sponsorship dates within 30 days of email deployment is subject to a 15% change fee.
Webinar/eBook Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by the sponsor with 90 days’ notice prior to stated broadcast date(s) will result in a full refund. Any such cancellation request must be made in writing. If less than 90 days prior to broadcast date given, all payments made to GEN publishing under this agreement are deemed fully earned and non-refundable or can be applied towards other GEN products.
Webinar/eBook Change Policy
Webinar/eBook date change must be made with 90 days’ notice prior to stated broadcast date to avoid change fee.
If webinar/eBook date change is requested by sponsor within 60–90 days from stated broadcast date, a 25% change fee will be applied. No changes to webinar/eBook date can be made less than 60 days from original webinar broadcast date. Webinar/eBooks must be rescheduled in calendar year they were booked to avoid a cancellation fee. Should an event be cancelled by GEN publishing, your sponsorship fee may be applied to another event or GEN product or will be fully refunded.
Payment Terms: Net 30
If a customer has a dispute under or related to this agreement and the placement of an advertisement, the situation shall be settled in White Plains, New York, USA, in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgments on the award of the arbitrators may be rendered by any court of competent jurisdiction.